[VHFcontesting] QSL cards for W1AW portable operations....

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Fri Feb 21 17:37:50 EST 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Marshall-K5QE <k5qe at k5qe.com> wrote:
> Hello to everyone....I got a real QSL card from a DL ham for a 2M EME
> contact made from W1AW/5. He did not have any idea where to send it, so he
> sent it to me since he knew that I was the operator at W1AW/5(NR5M) at the
> time.  I had to write an email to ARRL to find out the correct mailing
> address....I looked for several minutes on the ARRL web site and could not
> find anything useful.

Y'all know about QRZ.com, right?  All the info you need is here:
http://www.qrz.com/db/W1AW

Agreed that HQ's site is useless for most things (they let me register
VE test sessions on line now, though, but the service is outsourced -
so it's fast and works well!  :-)

Still don't know why the op would send you the card.  Why not ARRL in
any case?  HQ would forward it else where if needed.