[VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Contest 2014

Bruce Kripton bkripton at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 22 20:43:48 EDT 2014

In the famous words of the Monty Python Crew... "And now for something completely different ..."

I'm curious to hear from others that participated in this past weekends CQ VHF Contest as to propagation conditions experienced on 6 meters....

From Southern California, I had what I will call the strangest ES I have ever contested in ... We had several hours of stable paths to parts of upper and central  Mexico and then a very brief opening to Mexico City later on Saturday afternoon.

On Sunday, it was pretty much all over the map, with some paths hanging in for hours, and brief (minutes if not seconds) to most others... If you had to ask for a repeat or a partial fill on the exchange, it was all over and too late.

More info when I put my soapbox together, but curious how it was elsewhere in the country.

de KG6IYN

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android