[VHFcontesting] W0W EN48 Grid Activation June 2014 results

Brad Johannes bradjrc at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 23 09:56:58 EDT 2014

The W0W team, (K0SIX, K0MPP, KB0HNN, WA0VPJ and NI0W) would like to thank you all for looking our way during our recent grid expedition.  I can say we had a great time, despite a little "Murphy visit", along with wind and rain.  We were delayed with set up from Thursday afternoon, until Friday morning, do to heavy rain and wind. Therefore we could not complete our Digital schedule that we had set up for early Friday morning. The mosquito's and black flies were at a minimum, primarily due to the consistent wind, unfortunately so were the"E's".  We were able to make a few scatter contacts on 6 meters on Friday, as well as a few locals on 2 and 6.  Pre contest 30 contacts in 26 different grids on 6 meters and 9 contacts in 3 different grids on 2 meters.The contest start was slow to say the least, again locals looked our way, which was great. We did manage a few "e's" on Saturday, and better results on Sunday afternoon.  We were once again forced to shut down operation for awhile with lightning and heavy wind gusts. Contest results were 5,076 points, 6 meters = 74 q's in 43 different grids; 2 meters = 20 q's in 11 grids.Post contest was limited to one contact, which ended up to be most rewarding.   We were asked to delay our departure to fulfill a EME contact on 6 meters.   Our first attempt at EME on 6 meter JT65A was a success with Hal N7NW in CN87.  Brad (KB0HNN) was at the rig to complete this contact.Overall we had a great time in such a picturesque part of our state.  All logs will soon be uploaded to ARRL's Log Book of the World and you will also be able to do a quick search in the clublog applet on www.k0six.com.   Information for QSL's is also on www.k0six.com.  If you're sure you worked W0W and don't see your callsign in the log, email K0SIX with your QSO details. Also, your callsign might be in the log duplicate times. This is due to uploaded logs from our networked computers to be sure we didn’t miss any QSO’s.Thanks again and see you on the air!Vince, Maria, Brad, John and DaveK0SIX, K0MPP, KB0HNN, WA0VPJ and NI0W