[VHFcontesting] LoTW and VHF

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Mon Jun 23 15:18:59 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Danny Pease <dpease at adams.net> wrote:
> I see very poor percentage of VHF QSO's on LoTW. I do see a very high
> percentage (relatively) for any digital QSO's on LoTW. I have noticed an
> extreme change to QSL's in general on VHF, at one time if I got on 6 meters
> for even a few minutes, I would have QSL cards in my mail box within a few
> days. These days I can't even get replies when I send an SASE with my card,
> never mind LoTW. A different generation of operators I guess. It is even
> worse above 2 meters.

HF, too, now that you mention it.  Even in the early oughties, if I
worked a few hundred in SS, I'd get cards the next couple weeks, but I
don't know when the last time was that I got a SASE or a postcard.
Some, yes, but not many.

One of the fellows in the club and I gave a presentation on the buro
system the other year, maybe we need to reprise that. I know I need to
re-do my LOTW presentation to account for the new and better TQSL
software.