[VHFcontesting] LOTW and VHF

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Wed Jun 25 14:57:12 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 10:45 PM, Mike Metroka via VHFcontesting
<vhfcontesting at contesting.com> wrote:

> I've uploaded thousands of VHF contacts from contests dating back a decade
> with very poor QSL results.  Every once in a while one of the stations will
> get on LoTW and I'll get a ton QSLs from just that one guy!  LoTW has really
> motivated me to try for awards like VUCC, WAS and DXCC both on VHF and HF.

Thanks for doing that.  I uploaded all the QSOs from when I was a
Novice (not really, I was a Technician Plus but I was working on my
code speed to upgrade) even though I'll never claim an award with
them, assuming they ever match.

VUCC is do-able via LOTW as there are enough stations on that do
participate.  I've managed to find nearly 120 of them.  :-)

Remember to set up different locations within TQSL for when you are roving!