[VHFcontesting] LOTW and VHF

Bob Burns W9BU w9bu_lists at rlburns.net
Thu Jun 26 06:34:15 EDT 2014

On 6/24/2014 5:29 PM, Dan Evans wrote:

> I've been planning to take the plunge again, likely after I get FD over I'll
> work on it again.

Do it!

I had been using a paper log for my HF contacts ever since I got active
on HF a couple of years ago. This spring, I finally started looking at
logging programs and LotW. Why did I wait so long!?!?!?! It's really fun
watching the QSO and QSL count grow in LotW.

I highly recommend getting a logging program that integrates well with
LotW. I've tried the DX Keeper program that's part of DX Lab Suite and
I've tried Ham Radio Deluxe. DX Keeper has probably the best LotW
integration. Not surprising since the guy behind DX Lab Suite is on the
LotW committee.

In DX Keeper, you click a button to select the Qs in your log that you
haven't uploaded. Click another button to upload them. Click another
button to synchronize your log with the LotW QSLs. It's pretty painless
once you get your certificate set up in TQSL and, as others have
mentioned, that process is fairly easy.

The LotW integration in Ham Radio Deluxe 6.2 is pretty good, too.

Bob...