[VHFcontesting] LOTW & VHF

Tom Carney wa4qvq at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 20:44:21 EDT 2014

In answer to Marshall's question regarding why LOTW will not accept the
grid contained in the log, I suspect it's a simple matter of priority.
 Since neither Cabrillo or ADIF define a "from grid" field the program
would have to be modified to pick it up from the "RST_Sent" field.  Then
more code to input the Q based on the grid instead of the TQSL location.
 Given it took something like eight to ten years to just get LOTW to
support VUCC, it's hard to see this request bubbling to the top of the
priority list any time soon.

Meanwhile, if you use DX-Keeper, it's fairly trivial to filter your log so
that it contains only Qs from a single grid of a contest.  An SQL Query
filter of:

 qso_begin between #2014-06-14 18:00# and #2014-06-16 03:00 # and RST_Sent
= "CM86"

seems to produce a filtered log containing all of my Qs from CM86 during
the June contest.  While it's a bit of a chore to type it in the first
time, it's easy to change it for the next grid.

73,

Tom K6EU aka K6EU/r