[VHFcontesting] grid expedition to eastern Oregon

Barry Hansen barry at k7bwh.com
Wed Mar 19 00:27:16 EDT 2014

Two weeks from today, I will operate portable in CN82, CN92, CN93, CN94,
CN95 in Oregon (week of April 1 -5).

My goal is to give 6-meter contacts from these relatively unpopulated areas.
I invite you to schedule evening and morning contacts.

Equipment: 6m5 antenna, 500 watts, 20' mast, and some really good hilltops.

The schedule is to activate one grid each day from late afternoon through
the next morning. It's a five-day excursion with one grid per day. I'll
drive midday to explore and setup the next hilltop campsite. I'll be on the
air in the evening on SSB/CW and in the morning on FSK441 meteor scatter.
And then break camp and head off to the next grid square to lather, rinse,
repeat.

I know this isn't the best time of year for either 6m propagation or meteor
showers. But this is the only free time in my schedule for a while. The
operating plan is simple: Afternoons are SSB/CW until dark. Early mornings
are meteor scatter. I will have a dedicated expedition chat room while on
location to schedule contacts (assuming cellphone network service). Of
course posting spots for me will be appreciated, esp on Ping Jockey Central.

Evenings:

*	Evenings 5 pm - 8 pm PDT (0000 - 0300 gmt)
*	SSB/CW
*	CQ and listening 50.128 MHz

Mornings:

*	Mornings 5 am - 9 am PDT (1200 - 1600 gmt)
*	WSJT FSK441
*	Dedicated chat room (details coming soon)
*	CQ and listening 50.270 MHz
*	Always sending on first sequence
*	Sending signal report (not grid)
*	Short tones on

Dates and grids:

*	1 Apr - Tuesday evening (and Wed morning) CN82, Medford
<http://www.k7bwh.com/rover_or/CN82.htm>
*	2 Apr - Wednesday evening (and Thur morning) CN92, Klamath Falls
<http://www.k7bwh.com/rover_or/CN92.htm>
*	3 Apr - Thursday evening (and Fri morning) CN93, Bend
<http://www.k7bwh.com/rover_or/CN93.htm>
*	4 Apr - Friday evening (and Sat morning) CN94, Redmond
<http://www.k7bwh.com/rover_or/CN94.htm>
*	5 Apr - Saturday evening (and Sun morning) CN95, The Dalles
<http://www.k7bwh.com/rover_or/CN95.htm>

For schedule updates see my expedition blog at www.k7bwh.com or track me
real-time on APRS using http://aprs.fi/k7bwh .

I will not have 144 MHz on this trip, and will not be operating the 2m
Sprint on Monday, 4/7, and do not have EME capability.

Want a grid? Send me email off-list to schedule a contact. And use the K7BWH
chat room (details soon).

73 Barry K7BWH
Seattle, Washington CN87xn
barry /at/ k7bwh.com