[VHFcontesting] NF2RS/R QRV for September VHF Contest

Mark Adams msadams60 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 08:31:49 EDT 2014

HI Gang,

Yes, the subject line is CORRECT. NF2RS/R will be making its maiden VHF
rover voyage in the contest this weekend. K2QO and K2ZR will be piloting
the 4-band enabled K2QO rovermobile to hopefully a 4th straight US/VE
Limited Rover title. Here are the details, as vague as they may be.

*ROUTE*
Saturday
FN31jw  1900-2030
FN32db  2130-2230
FN22rr    0030-0230**

Sunday
FN23nd   1300-1500
FN13/12/03 while mobile traveling west
FN02vu   2330-0300

** We may do FN22rr on Sunday after the FN23nd stop. This will further
compress the amount of time spent in FN12/13/03. We'll likely decide this
on the fly sometime on Saturday.

*GEAR*
We'll have 146.55 FM running continuously. We even hope to make a QSO on
this radio :-)
The lower 4 bands should be solid with about 100W on each band and a mix of
Yagi's, stacked Omni's and a Moxon for 6M.

We will be operating while in motion. The rear seat will have all 4 bands
running while the driver does nothing but drive.

*SKEDS*
Our historical batting average with sleds is about .097, same as the
average American League relief pitcher in an inter-league game. If you're
not into baseball, think of the Seinfeld episode with the car rental. We'll
be happy to TAKE your reservation, but may not HOLD the reservation.

*NF2RS*
Good luck to all and see you from the road! If we send K2QO/R please IGNORE
and type in NF2RS. We are running the club call of Niagara Frontier
Radiosport, NF2RS <http://www.qrz.com/db/NF2RS>.

*73,*
Mark K2QO  Sec/Treas Niagara Frontier Radiosport
Dick K2ZR  President Niagara Frontier Radiosport