[VHFcontesting] WZ1V 432 Sprint results

Ron Klimas WZ1V wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 30 07:45:17 EDT 2015

432 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31RH
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total: QSOs = 47 Mults = 19 Tot Dist(km) = 0 Total Score = 893

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:
Conditions here were poor, signals were especially weak
from the southwest. Missed neighboring grids FN32 & FN41,
but to my surprise found an FN21 station this time (KC3DBG).
There were a few bright spots, K1DY and N2SLN provided
rare grids FN55 and FN22. Conditions to the west were
decent, worked several FN12 stations, K8ZES in FN02, and
VE3ZV in EN92 provided a "woof" over 400 miles.
To the north I worked a new initial in FN34 (K1ZK),
as well as VE2XX FN25, and VE2DSB in FN35.
To the southwest, NG4C FM16 was the furthest heard,
only worked one FM19 (K1RZ), and no FM17 or 18.
I tried K1MAP/4 in FM14 but not a peep, just too far
for a dead band. Now if only we can get Mark's XYL
licensed so she could give out FN32 while he's in FM14!
The last hour was a total drag, only worked 2 stations.
Totals 47 QSO's, 19 grids for a puny 893 points.
TNX to all who participated on air and the sponsors.
-73, Ron WZ1V