[VHFcontesting] Reverse Beacon Network (RBN) on VHF

Mike Metroka via VHFcontesting vhfcontesting at contesting.com
Thu Apr 30 21:14:07 EDT 2015

Phil is right.  The reverse beacon network is really a great tool to see
current band conditions from your location.  I like RTTY on the HF bands but
outside of contests, there are few stations on RTTY.  To quickly determine
band conditions I just send a CQ or two and within seconds, the reverse
beacons light up giving me my SNR.  I can see if a path is open to EU or to
various places in the USA.  It would be fantastic to have several of these
reverse beacons on six or two meters!

73
Mike WB8BZK