[VHFcontesting] The World Above 50 MHz

John Geiger af5cc at fidmail.com
Sun Jan 11 21:25:42 EST 2015

One positive think about QST carrying reports of band openings is that it
might catch the attention on the non-weak signal VHF operator, and show
them what is possible.  If they don't subscribe to the VHF email lists (and
I assume most don't) they might never get beyond the belief that VHF and
above is line of sight, FM, and repeaters. Most local clubs will promote
that idea amongst new hams, so any way we can get the message out as to
what VHF is really about is definitely beneficial.

73 John AF5CC
6 meter addict with no plans for rehab!