[VHFcontesting] The World Above 50 MHz

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Sun Jan 11 20:56:33 EST 2015

While I appreciate all the work done by QST columnists and authors, I'd
have to agree. Reading about band openings and activity months after it
occurred might have made since years ago. But in today's world of e-mail
lists, social media, and real-time propagation loggers, we can track
openings as they happen. Reading summaries later is of little interest
to me.

I also agree that the pulpit allows a unique opportunity for the
columnist to inspire, and sometimes give a "push" towards improving your
station and getting on the air. It was Gene's column several years ago
"Chasing VUCC" that inspired me to tackle the obstacles of operating
with indoor antenna and chase a dream. It lead to one of the grandest
adventures in my amateur life.

I'd love to see the "formula" approach to the WAFM scrapped, and see a
new model take it's place.

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Southeastern VHF Society
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light