[VHFcontesting] New VHF Single Operator Unlimited Rules Clarification

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Tue Jan 13 01:38:06 EST 2015

Hello All....the Single Op Unlimited was created by the Board of
Directors(I think that is right) with no input from the Ad-Hoc
Committee....because the Committee had not yet been formed. However,
until we get Announcements(Call, Frequency, Sequence ONLY) then what we
effectively have is the same old legacy HF centric rules that we have
had in the past.  The whole point of getting assistance was to get
Announcements, not so that we could look at the HF packet spots.

Hopefully, the suggestions of the Ad-Hoc Committee will be adopted
quickly....at which time, the Single Op Unlimited class can go
away....Please support the proposals of the Ad-Hoc Committee with all
your ARRL officials.  Let's get this done....

73 Marshall K5QE