[VHFcontesting] FOR SALE ITEMS (Part 2)

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Fri Jan 23 14:44:51 EST 2015

Forgot one other item...a real jewel!

A high power amplifier for 1296! Built by Merle Cox, W7YOZ in November
of 2012. This 11 1/4" X 17 1/4" rack mount amplifier includes a DEMI
2370PA, 2 DOW-KEY 12VDC input and output coaxial relays, a NARDA
microwave 20 db directional coupler and detector (this samples power to
display on the output power meter, which is located on the front face of
the rack mount). It also includes T/R time delay (which can be varied),
and rear panel TR control.

Hookup is nearly as simple as adding a "brick" amplifier on the lower
bands. I ran a short piece of flex from my IC-910H into a Bird wattmeter
to measure input power, connected the phono plug T/R to a short cable
running to the DIN plug on the back of the Icom, and connected the antenna.

Maximum power is achieved with about 6.5 watts on input power, with
measured output power at 64 watts! That's a lot of power on 1296.
Perfect for DXing, contests, or even EME.

The build quality is very professional. Enamel gray, with toggle
switches, super neat wiring, labeled connections, etc. 12 VDC is via
PowerPole cables, rig input and antenna output connections are all Type
N. It even includes an instruction sheet provided by Merle to make
set-up easy for an "appliance operator" like myself. While the unit is a
rack mount, it can sit on a desk top, but you'd have to improvise a top
cover.

I can send pictures to your cell phone. But trust me, you won't be
disappointed. A bargain at $750. Why wait months for DEMI to build
one...Stop settling for 10 watts of power coming out of that TS2000 or
IC-910H, step up to HP and work some DX.

Price includes UPS Ground shipping to the lower 48. Sorry, no
international orders. Buyer pays insurance, if desired. PayPal
preferred, but USPS Money Orders accepted too.

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Southeastern VHF Society
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light