[VHFcontesting] Working K5QE in the Jan contest.....

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Fri Jan 23 17:08:03 EST 2015

Hello to all our friends in the Meteor Scatter / WSJT world from the
K5QE contest team....

K5QE will be operating in the ARRL January VHF Contest and would really
appreciate any contacts that we can make via FSK441 digital meteor
scatter or EME for that "rare" grid.  The contest begins 1900 UTC
Saturday and ends 0400 UTC Monday (Jan 24th - 25th, 2015).  For those of
us still on local time, that is 1PM Central Time on Saturday to 10PM CST
Sunday night.

For those stations that are outside our normal range, I invite you to
try to work us on 6M and / or 2M using digital meteor scatter OR 2M
and/or 432 EME. When the moon is up, we will be operating EME on
144.142MHz and 432.070MHz Second Sequence.  For this contest, the moon
is up mostly during the day.

On 6M, we will be operating WSJT FSK441 digital meteor scatter on
50.265MHz, grids, single tones ON.

We will begin 6M meteor scatter operations at 0100Z Sunday = 7:00PM CST
Sat Night.  We have several schedules this time, but as soon as we
complete a schedule, we will call CQ K5QE 265 on 50.260MHz, but we will
RX on 50.265MHz and we will complete our contacts there.  If we are
calling CQ towards the NE, we will be on First Sequence.  If we are
calling towards the West or NW, we will be on Second Sequence.

We still have some 6M evening time slots open.  If you would like a
specific schedule, please write and we will find you a 6M slot.
Currently, we have NO schedules for the early morning hours on Sunday,
which is the best time for meteors.  So, look carefully for us during
5AM to 7AM on Sunday morning.  If you want an early AM schedule during
prime time, please write me right away.

Please remember that the contest requires the exchange of grids not 26
or 27.  This is a good opportunity for smaller stations to get a DX
contact on 6M, because the chances of an Es opening late at night are
nil.  Please give us a try on 6M meteor scatter.  We run 1KW output on
6M meteor scatter with fairly large antennas.

On 2M, we will be operating WSJT FSK441 digital meteor scatter on
144.142MHz, grids, single tones ON.

We have several schedules on 2M also, but there are many open time slots
too.  Please write me if you want a specific 2M sched.  When we operate
2M digital meteor scatter, we will RX on 144.142MHz.  We will call CQ
K5QE 142 on 144.140MHz, but we will complete our contacts on
144.142MHz.  Please call us there.  We will be on normal sequence(see
above).  Again, remember that the contest requires exchanging grids, not
26 or 27.  We run a stacked pair of 17el M2's at 160ft and 1KW output on
2M FSK.  We also have a 9el with 15deg of tilt built in.  We plan to use
this antenna for shorter distance contacts.

On 6M and 2M, we will cease digital meteor scatter operations at 7AM
CST(=1300Z) on Sunday morning and revert to normal tropo type operations.

Since we are a Multi-Multi station, we will be looking at the
Ping-Jockey reflector whenever we are doing meteor scatter type
operations.  Due to the ARRL's rules, we can not post there.  If you are
not in the ARRL contest, you can post to the reflector freely.  Hence,
you can talk to us, but we cannot answer back. Please spot us AND our
frequency on the appropriate reflector if you see us--that way, others
can find us.

Thank you in advance for spending some time to work us in the contest.

73 Marshall K5QE, EM31cj
www.k5qe.com

East Texas