[VHFcontesting] Fwd: [adxa] W7QQ/r and KK6MC/r in June VHF contest

Bill Schwantes bill4070 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 17:43:55 EST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "James Duffey JamesDuffey at comcast.net [adxa]" <adxa at yahoogroups.com>
Date: Jan 22, 2015 9:59 PM
Subject: [adxa] W7QQ/r and KK6MC/r in June VHF contest
To: <AOCC at mailman.qth.net>, <adxa at yahoogroups.com>, <
nmcontest at yahoogroups.com>
Cc: "James Duffey" <jamesduffey at comcast.net>, "Richard Rupp" <
rcubed1234 at gmail.com>

W7QQ and I will be roving in AZ and NM for the January VHF contest. We are
traveling together, or a grid apart, but our priority is to work others.
When things get slow we will work each other.

time W7QQ/r KK6MC/r
1900Z DM32xx DM42ax
2015Z DM42ax DM43aa
2130Z DM43aa DM33xa
2245Z DM33xa DM32xx

2300Z On the road to Flagstaff

0000Z DM34we DM34we Sunset Point Rest Area

0200Z DM34xm DM44am

0200Z DM44am DM34xm

0300Z on road to Flagstaff

Overnight in Flagstaff

Morning

1500Z DM45ee DM45ee Lowell Observatory turn out

1600Z DM44wv DM45wa DM44 in Holbrook exit ramp
1700Z DM45wa DM44wv DM 45 Hwy 77 NW Holbrook
1800Z DM54ax DM54ax Goodwater Road or in Park (DM54cx)
1900Z DM55cb DM55cb Painted Desert Parking lot

2000Z leave for Albuquerque

2300Z DM55xh DM55xh Pruitt

0000Z on road to Albuquerque
0200Z DM65 DM65 West Mesa

0300Z Home

In addition to these schedule stops, we can both operate in motion, so
listen for us any time. We will call CQ on 2M and 6M near the calling
frequency. Times are approximate; it is real easy for a rover to run
behind, but we will try to keep up. If we get too far behind we may skip a
grid or only stay a short time. We plan on revisiting some grids, but if
the schedule slips, we may skip these. If there is sporadic E, that will
likely take precedence over keeping on schedule.

Bill is better equipped than I with 300W on 6M and 2M. I have 100W. We both
have good antennas, a Moxon on 6M and 8 ft boom Yagis on the other bands.
We will have 120 W on 220MHz and also 50W on 432 MHz. 902MHz and 1296MHz
are also available and we will try some 24 GHz QSOes with sideband FM.

Print this out, calculate bearings from your station, and pin it up next to
your rig. Look for us, hope for Sporadic E and have fun. - Duffey KK6MC
 __._,_.___
  ------------------------------
Posted by: James Duffey <jamesduffey at comcast.net>
------------------------------
•  Reply to sender
<jamesduffey at comcast.net?subject=Re%3A%20W7QQ%2Fr%20and%20KK6MC%2Fr%20in%20June%20VHF%20contest>
•  Reply to group
<adxa at yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20W7QQ%2Fr%20and%20KK6MC%2Fr%20in%20June%20VHF%20contest>
• Start a New Topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/adxa/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJlaWVhdDRkBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5Nzc1ODQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYzMTA4BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTQyMTk4OTE1NQ-->
• Messages in this topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/adxa/conversations/topics/8802;_ylc=X3oDMTM0MGpubWg2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5Nzc1ODQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYzMTA4BG1zZ0lkAzg4MDIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNDIxOTg5MTU1BHRwY0lkAzg4MDI->
(1)
Albuquerque DX Association
 Visit Your Group
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/adxa/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJlb3J0bHYzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5Nzc1ODQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYzMTA4BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTQyMTk4OTE1NQ-->