[VHFcontesting] Logging Rovers in Contests

James Duffey jamesduffey at comcast.net
Fri Jun 12 14:41:09 EDT 2015

Chuck - There is a subtle point with not so subtle consequences here. KK6MC/r and KK6MC are not the same call and you could, in principle, have a busted QSO if you log KK6MC/r as KK6MC. As a rover, KK6MC/r, I can also submit a single op entry as KK6MC. So if the rover submits two logs, and you log the rover  without the /r, your QSO will not be in the log without the /r and the QSO can be declared non valid. I am not sure that the ARRL actually does this, but it certainly can and with more stringent log checking it may happen in the future.

Log the /r on voice, CW and digital and you won’t have any problems. - Duffey KK6MC/r

--
KK6MC
James Duffey