[VHFcontesting] ARRL June VHF QP Participation Question

VE3DS ve3ds at acanac.net
Mon Jun 15 23:18:49 EDT 2015

Hi Alex
Welcome to the VHF world.
My first June contest was in 1970 and over the years, I’ve operated single op
and multiop (VE3ONT).

We all started with basic gear, 10 watts in my case, but then the drive to work DX
got us buying, building and experimenting with all kinds of antennas, amplifiers etc etc.

Some years the bands have been crazy busy…aurora,troop to florida, E skip all together..
other years just one or 2 openings, other years none..
This year, with the weather and poor propagation…it was tough… but again it depends on where you are.

Hang in there and remember, activity breeds activity..

Turn you antenna toward Canada…  you think its quiet down in Fn21?

73 Dana VE3DS