[VHFcontesting] Entering as a Mobile (/M) in Contests

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Tue Jun 16 16:07:22 EDT 2015

Darryl,

I don't necessarilydisagree with what you are saying but the lack an explicit definition for nonrover land based mobiles (or portable stations that are allowed to berelocated) is confusing in my view, especially in light of the prohibition regardingrelocating single operator portable stations. It'salso my opinion that those who have made substantive investments in fixedhome stations that need to abide by the requirements to keep allthe transmitters and receivers within a given radius, might beun happy competing in the same class with stations that can move to multiplehill tops within a grid ?? (I realize this use case is new issue in thisdialogue, but again the lack of a clear definition for mobile or portablestations that can be relocated is confusing to me.)

Sorry maybeI'm not fully understanding this issue and maybe I'm reading to much into therules. I'm always happy to learn more about these issues and I haven'tput that much thought into this over the years. This is a usefull discussion for me.

I also realizemy perspectives are somewhat influenced by living in CN89 where adjacent gridsare perhaps comparatively hard to access compared to other locations and there are many hilltops, mountainsides etc that are fairly easy to access within the grid.

Thanks again

Mark S

VE7AFZ