[VHFcontesting] [Packrats] Rover rendezvous in Gap PA?

Bill Olson callbill at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 12 13:23:50 EDT 2015

I'm not a big fan of "grid circling" and agree with everything Paul and others say about "honing operating skills", improving station capability, etc.. BUT.. while what Pete proposes is definitely grid circling, it's not the same as a pack of rovers heading out together to cover 20 grids and only working each other to amass a couple million points.. This is coordinating a time when rovers that are out "trying to work the weak ones" to come together and, within the rules of the contest, make a few more EASY contacts to improve their score, then move on. I put it in the same realm as having a rover drive up into someone's driveway and run thru all ten bands in 5 minutes, or make a laser contact over the minimum allowed distance, i.e. using the fact that they are "on wheels" to make for some easy contacts.

Maybe some of the "purists" disagree with me, but as long as the contacts are actually completed, I don't see a problem.

my 2 cents

bill, K1DY(/R) in Maine