[VHFcontesting] After every contest

Herb Krumich wa2fgk at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 13:14:57 EDT 2015

This truly amazes me, that after every VHF contest, people gripe about activities and rules.What this boil's down to is this. We spend tens of thousands of dollars to operate VHF contests, and receive nothing in return.You know what your getting into before the contest starts, so just deal with it. For many years the ARRL held hams back from using loggers, and they finally changes the rules. I'm not sure for better or worse.I was on 144 mhz giving out contacts on Sunday evening. I had made about 40 contacts by 10pm.  I called CQ about 20 times on both CW and SSB, turning my 4 yagis in every direction without one response. BTW running 1500 watts. My freq was 144.216. Was everyone looking at the ON4KST logger and not tuning their radio ? I did not post.You can't stop stations from operating EME in certain areas of the country. Without those contacts, they have no way to compete nor take advantage of the system they created to generate those special contacts.You are playing for a piece of paper, that will never be seen by anyoneEnjoy the hobby gents, it's far later than you think.As far as I'm concerned, there are far to many certificates given out in far to many categories. I received a 16th place certificate from CQ a few months ago from a DX contest. I contacted them and told them it was worthless. 73'sHerb K2LNS