[VHFcontesting] After every contest

Mike (KA5CVH) Urich mike at ka5cvh.com
Wed Sep 16 14:12:08 EDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Herb Krumich via VHFcontesting
<vhfcontesting at contesting.com> wrote:

concerned, there are far to many certificates given out in far to many
categories.

MAU wrote

I tend to agree ... I got on the air some ... made a few Q's but when
the big stations around me aren't making any Q's I know good and well
my little modest station isn't going to make muster.  For me its not
so much about a piece of paper, although I do have a bit of the FFMA
bug, its just getting on the air and making Q's, and unless all you
want to work is FM repeaters on 50+ MHz about the only time to really
do that is contests / sprints etc.

Am I disappointed that at least in this region the bands were dead ...
sure ... am I crying in my drink over it ... no as there will always
be another contest.

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

I might not have a Phd ... but I have a DD-214.