[VHFcontesting] 2M Sprint results

Ron Klimas wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 22 07:45:05 EDT 2015

                     144 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31RH
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

Total:  QSOs = 48  Mults = 21  Tot Dist(km) = 0  Total Score = 1,008

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

As Murphy would have it, missed most of the first hour
then rotor stuck during second half, went out and
lowered tower, tried to nudge it with long pole,
but no luck. Mysteriously started turning again
after cranking tower back up. I'm sure I missed
some Q's from all that but on the bright side
activity level was good and the conditions were
fair. Probably the furthest contacts were out to
K5VIP FM16, VE3DS FN03, and VE3ZV EN92, who were
all close to 400 miles or over. Looking forward
to the 222 Sprint next week.
-73, Ron WZ1V, FN31rh