[VHFcontesting] Suggestion on current or replacement VNA

Patrick Thomas p-thomas at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 10 19:51:07 EDT 2016

All,

I hope this is moderately on-topic... my miniVNA Tiny had a cold solder on the jack which led to partial detachment.  Long story short, I opened it up and between myself and a solder tech at our ESD solder station, got it soldered back down.  No more connection issues.

But... it only ever returns one sweep shape when I run a test, no matter what is connected to DUT or DET. :(  Not sure if it got zapped in transit somehow, or what.

If anyone has ideas, I would really appreciate a contact off-list.  So far miniRS has not returned my request for help but I will try the miniVNA list too.

Meanwhile - and more on-topic - I am at a total standstill for UHF and microwave antenna construction which is SUPER irritating given the recent antenna suggestions here.  Does anyone have a replacement in mind that won't break the bank?  Portable is great but even retired lab equipment would be fine.

Thanks!

Patrick - KB8DGC