[VHFcontesting] Nevada & the Jan VHF contest

k7xc_tx k7xc_tx at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 07:35:34 EST 2016

Nevada is back on the air since I homebrewed and installed a 6 ele 6M  yagi at 25' on the morning of the contest.

Yesterday I dug my 12ele 2M yagi out from under a foot of snow and mounted it on the tower trailer above the 6M antenna.

Currently using a 100W K3 on 6M CW, SSB, & WSJT modes. My 746 got zapped and now puts out 1.2W on all bands so it will be a while till I am QRV again with any real power on 144 MHz.

Now if I can get you all to remember to point east again, that's the real message.

Best of luck and stay warm!

73s de Tim - K7XC - DM09jh... sk

Adapt, Overcome, Succeed!

Sent from my MetroPCS 4G Android device