[VHFcontesting] (no subject)

Steve Kavanagh sjkavanagh1 at yahoo.ca
Thu Jul 14 14:15:27 EDT 2016

A small group of operators is planning to be on again as a multi-op from fairly-rare grid FN05 (about 200 km north of Toronto in FN05ce) for the CQ Worldwide VHF Contest this coming weekend, using my call, VE3SMA.  We'll have about 300 watts on both 2m and 6m.  For FSK441 meteor scatter on both bands we will post our frequency and sequence from time to time on Ping Jockey.  Look for us on the following frequencies for CW & SSB:

6m CW: just below 50.100,
6m SSB: 50.137 or 50.177
2m CW/SSB: 144.200 (when band is quiet), 144.177 or 144.237

Last year we were able to make a couple of JT65 EME QSOs on 2m shortly after moonrise.  We may attempt that again, though the EME conditions are not expected to be that great this year

Sked requests are welcome.  We'll likely monitor ON4KST chat, etc. on and off during the contest but, in accordance with the CQ contest rules, we aren't allowed to say much (with some limited exceptions for digital meteor scatter and EME attempts) !

73,
Steve VE3SMA