[VHFcontesting] Create log periodic

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Sat Jun 18 15:24:41 EDT 2016

Hi, I've used the 105 thru 1300 MHz Create log periodic antenna on occasion and it seems to work as I would expect it to.   It is a handy multi band rover / portable antenna for me and combined with a 144 / 222 / 432 triplexer I have made many contacts with it over the years.

That being said I do prefer to run mono band yagis whenever possible.

Based on my subjective comparisons with the mono band antennas I've used the gain figures of this log periodic seem reasonable to me.

Other than a few fasteners that have vibrated loose during transport the antenna seems to have held up very well to my "place stuff in the back of my pickup truck and drive over bumpy roads" roving style.  I don't consider this to be an issue with the antenna, and have had similar issues with products from other vendors.   Exact sized Metric replacement hardware can also be a bit tough to find at the local "big box" store (despite Canada officially using the metric system.)

I believe I got value for money and don't regret my purchase.

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ

Sent from my iPhone