[VHFcontesting] Why so few New England rovers?

n6ze at aol.com n6ze at aol.com
Sat Jun 18 16:20:25 EDT 2016

As an ex-New Englander, K1FJM, I used to operate from places such as Mt. Wachusett, MA; Mt. Monadnock, NH; Mt. Washington, NH; the Worcester Airport, MA; Mt. Battie, ME; (& pardon slipping in 2-land: from The Empire State Building).

I currently do some roving near Seattle, WA & in Southern California.

The mountains & hills in the Northeast provide lots of places to make lots of VHF/UHF contacts as do SoCal & the PNW.

I believe that "the don't care attitude" prevails in SoCal & the NE as far as packing up gear to go hill-topping.

If you wish to see the results of motivated operators and rovers, just go to the PNW for a contrast or review results on the 3830 rumor site.

Bt 73 Pete, N6ZE/K1FJM of DM04/CN87, formerly EL95, FN42, & FM16

Sent from my iPad