[VHFcontesting] AUGUST UHF CONTEST

Keith Morehouse w9rm at calmesapartners.com
Fri Mar 11 12:18:14 EST 2016

I'll make one more set of comment on this (unless specifically addressed)
then let it evolve or die on it's own, since I have not really been a
supporter of the UHF test in the past due to lack of equipment or lack of
local participation.  I simply feel this is another example of a wider loss
of interest to contesting in general by the ARRL.

Why take the easy way out and simply cancel the contest ?  Those who DO
participate probably feel disenfranchised.  Is someone at the ARRL looking
for a way to cut out staff hours ?  How much staff commitment goes into the
contest anyway ?  Let it go ahead while alternatives are discussed.

Who makes up the "Contest Revitalization Committee" ?  This decision
couldn't have been that widely know if the ARRL's own VHF/UHF column writer
didn't know about it.

You want to have the UHF contest in the Spring ?  When there is less
troposcatter ?  There are a whole series of VHF/UHF contests in the Spring
already - the non-ARRL Spring Sprints.  Ask those who participate about
conditions on 222 and above during that time.  "Hottest time of the year" ?
- please...

Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner
Calmesa Partners G.P.