[VHFcontesting] 2016 ARRL UHF Contest Cancelled

Ward Silver hwardsil at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 12:35:57 EST 2016

The CAC does not have final say over anything and only considers HF
contesting issues, anyway.  Reading the announcement carefully, the
issues are being handled by an ad hoc VHF Contesting Revitalization
Committee and the board's Programs & Services Committee made the final
decision.

The ad hoc committee is collecting input on what kind of UHF/microwave
contests the community wants, when they should be held, etc.  While
there may be some disagreement about the order in which things are being
done, there is significant interest and goodwill for UHF/microwave
contests.  I suggest that you think of what kind of contest you would
like to see, write it up, and submit it to the email address N0JK
provided.  Consider what would attract new hams to give these contests a
try, what would drive technical innovation, is a single time period the
right way to go, should there be new categories or styles of operation?
Put those thinking caps on and send in your ideas.

In case there is any confusion, I do work with the writeup authors but I
am *not* a member of the ad hoc committee.

73, Ward N0AX