[VHFcontesting] ARRL UHF Contest Cancelled

k2drh at frontiernet.net k2drh at frontiernet.net
Fri Mar 11 18:01:45 EST 2016

 Let me express my disappointment.  This contest has been around since 1978 and I cut short a trip to Colorado last year just so I could be back in time to participate .. who know it would be for the last time?  This does nothing to increase participation which seems to the League's stated goal for all the changes of late. And it provides little incentive for stations to add the higher bands to the their contest stations.
As one of those non-staff VHF contest results authors my opinions on rover rules and how the new limited class cut down on rovers with microwave  bands is well known if you've read the June contest results for the past few years.  And as one of the top scoring stations year after year for the past 15 years in the UHF contest... as well as part of the wider group who provided input for the general rules changes, I'm dismayed that I had no input to this decision at all.
73 de Bob2 K2DRH