[VHFcontesting] New to VHF/UHF Contesting: Next Steps

Mike (KA5CVH) Urich mike at ka5cvh.com
Thu Mar 31 00:16:09 EDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 8:32 PM, John Young via VHFcontesting
<vhfcontesting at contesting.com> wrote:

> I picked up my Technician and General license at Dayton in 2015.

Congratulations and welcome to the hobby.

> next contest?   A KX3, transverters and amplifiers are NOT in the budget, maybe someday but I want to keep this as basic and as simple as possible for now.

Sounds like you have a good start.  For years I've been trying to push
FM contesting around here as well.
http://ka5cvh.com/radio/vhf/contest.htm It largely falls on deaf ears,
but my suggestion the biggest thing to change is attitude towards FM
and contesting among "contesters".  Its my opinion that not enough
well equipped multi-band / multi-mode contesters seem to ignore FM.
Just my $.02

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com