[VHFcontesting] New to VHF/UHF Contesting: Next Steps

Bob K0NR - email list list at k0nr.com
Thu Mar 31 11:23:15 EDT 2016

Good tip on antenna polarization.
I used to operate portable with an FT-817 on 6m, 2m and 70cm but "filled
in" with an FM HT on 222 MHz.
I used a horizontal yagi on 222 MHz and almost every 222 MHz station in
the area had no problem flipping over to FM to work me.
(Usually coordinating on 2m.) Activity on 222 MHz was sparse so they
were glad to get the points.

Bob