[VHFcontesting] Newbie on 6

Dwight Jones 123dwight at gmail.com
Thu May 5 09:41:59 EDT 2016

Hello,
I have set up a modest station for 6 meters. I live in a rural area where
there are no other VHFers. (Grid CN71; Del Norte County, California)

I have a strong preference for digital modes. I know the recommended
frequencies for various modes, but suspect that some modes have more
activity than others when the band is open.
1) Could someone recommend modes that will be most likely to have activity?
2) I'm most familiar with JT65 because I use it on HF. Is this a good
choice? What is an appropriate power output on 6 meter JT65?
3) Can someone point me to a book or website that explains how to do FSK411?
4) Any other modes I should look into?
5) Does anyone do digital during the June contest? I intend to operate
portable form the highest ridge in my grid. I might resort to SSB if there
are no digital people to contact.

Thanks,
Dwight
KO6FE