[VHFcontesting] C6AFP Beacon

Crownhaven crownhaven at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 12 08:52:00 EDT 2016

Information for those of you who have been tired of the tone on the
C6AFP beacon, FL16.  The spare was placed into operation last night.
50062 is the frequency vs. 50040 on the high-power unit. The latter is
coming back to the states to figure out what is going on with it.  The
spare is only two watts vs. 40.  Sorry it took so long.  Not sure if
anyone will be able to hear anything these days but I would appreciate
any reports.  If I can get the regular one working and back in place,
I'll see about getting the freq on the spare changed to 50040.  I'll let
everyone know when "chirpy" is back in business.

Thanks again for your patience.

Steve, N4JQQ/C6AFP

FL16, Settlement, New Plymouth, Green Turtle Cay, Abaco, The Bahamas