[VHFcontesting] 2M SPRINT from DM58

Keith Morehouse w9rm at calmesapartners.com
Tue Apr 18 10:27:35 EDT 2017

8 Q's and 8 mults....

This is a RECORD score for me in Sprint from DM58 !  I couldn't beleive all
the activity - had a hard time with the pile-up's.

Sarcasm aside, I worked a few to the east I hardly ever hear, even in June
VHF, but other directions were pretty much absent.  What's with you guys in
New Mexico when it comes to Sprint ?  You're hosting a Central States
conference - you should be more supportive of the events.

Had some luck running digi meteor scatter (3 Q's) but I understand those in
areas with real 2M activity can't afford to waste the time it takes for
these contacts.  For mid-evening random meteors, there were some MASSIVE
pings - including a +17 dB hit from VE7AFZ that darn near knocked my
'phones off :)

Jay W9RM
DM58 CO

Keith J Morehouse