[VHFcontesting] W2EA High Knob, FN21KH - September 2017 Contest Operation!

Bob Fischer bobw2sj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 23:39:22 EDT 2017

Hello VHF+ Enthusiasts!

What are you doing the weekend of September 9th & 10th?

The South Jersey Mountain Toppers ARC consisting of several Pack Rats and
SJRA members will once again trek to High Knob, a remote location in grid
FN21KH in the Poconos, operating as W2EA for the September Contest. We will
be at 2047 feet ASL on bands 50 MHz thru 10GHz with good antennas and
power. With the help of Roger, W3SZ and his Aircraft Scatter program, we
learned that we had an obstruction to the south/south west that severely
limited our ability to work many of you last year on the micros. Roger's
program revealed that we needed our micro antennas on a 32 ft tower to work
those directions. So we will be putting our micro antennas at 50 ft this
year!

We know that some of you may only be on for a short time, so we will be
monitoring the ON4KST chat page as well as Ping Jockey Client. We are
generally on 50.133 and 144.185 + or - QRM. Give us a call there and we
will run you up the bands! In addition, any other acceptable assistance
methods can be used to alert us of your availability during the contest.

Those of you who have been to a remote location in June or September know
it takes quite an effort to plan, set up, operate, and disassemble a
mountain top station. We look forward to working many of you and possibly
giving you a new grid on the bands!

Tnx es 73,

Bob, W2SJ & Bill, K3EGE

For the W2EA team