[VHFcontesting] 222 Beacon back on

Steve (K1IIG) stephen.tripp at snet.net
Fri Aug 25 07:30:53 EDT 2017

 8-25-2017

Hello VHFers,

The K1IIG beacon on 222.060 in FN-31nl is back on the air after replacing the final in the 5w amp. I also have reduced the output 20% to 4w and increased the cooling to prevent further down time.

FYI my 2304.320 beacon will be off at times for the next week while trouble shooting an RFI problem with AT&T. For those who operate 2ghz beware that AT&T has recently commissioned a neighboring 10mhz receive band on 2305-2315mhz. The cell carriers are getting closer every year.

I am looking for a 10ghz transmitter or transceiver to build a beacon. Please contact me if you have one for sale. I presently have all other components ready including a 2x6 slot, 2m driver e/w ider, feedline and tower mount location at 90' HGL.

K1IIG  Beacons @ 480 HMSL
222.060  4w to wheel
432.320  5w to wheel
2304.320 25w to 2x12 Slot