[VHFcontesting] FN55 - Transverter drive control?

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Sat Feb 4 15:16:14 EST 2017

I have several replies already and I understand there are issues
with using the ALC input as proposed. I am scratching that idea.

One responder gave me what looks like the solution. I didn't want to
buy another high power attenuator due to cost and non-existent
budget, but it looks like I don't have to.

I have a 250 watt, 50 ohm flange mount RF resistor. It looks like
the shunt elements in a 40 dB attenuator are so close to 50 ohms
that I can use this on the input side of a home made power
attenuator. Perfect! A zero cost solution (that I should have though
of myself). I just need to do some math to make sure dissipation in
the series element is as low as I think (so that I don't under-build
the thing).

Thanks everyone.

Onward...

73,