[VHFcontesting] North

Keith Morehouse w9rm at calmesapartners.com
Thu Jan 5 12:36:12 EST 2017

Beams True North.

The difference is called Magnetic Declination.  There are a number of ways
to calculate offset for your longitude but one of the easiest, and
available to almost everyone in this age of smartphones, is to use one of
MANY GPS status apps available for Android and iPhone.  Depending on
program, you will see the declination represented in one of two ways -
either a extra small colored line on the compass rose display,
corresponding to mag north, or, an actual number marked 'dec' or 'decl'.

Here in DM58, being pretty far west, my declination is 10 deg east.  I
suspect you will have a very small declination there in FN41, being a lot
more 'due south' of the mag pole.

Jay W9RM
DM58 CO

Keith J Morehouse