[VHFcontesting] N0LD/R January 2017 VHF Contest Rover Operation

Randy winger55552001 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 23:11:44 EST 2017

We would very much appreciate it if you could make a contact with us during the January VHF contest this weekend!  It is OK to publish your planned itinerary and to use FM simplex frequencies as well.  See details of our operation below:
If you will be near our path, we welcome an email or phone call to let us know where you are at and that you will be on the air!  Please pass this on to ham clubs and other distribution methods in the North TX, South TX, and Eastern OK areas.

  Nick Farlow, KB0YHT and myself, Randy Wing, N0LD, plan to activate several grids this weekend in the January 2017 VHF Contest in Texas and Oklahoma.  Our antennas will include a loop for 6m, 2 stacked loops for 2m, 2 stacked loops for 70cm, a 2m beam (2M7), a 70cm beam (432-12EME), and a vertical for 2m and 70cm.  We will have 100 watts on 6m, 200 watts on 2m, and 100 watts on 70cm.  We will have an FM 70 cm / 2m mobile with 50 watts that we will turn on periodically to avoid conflict with the higher power SSB radio (FT-847) - we will monitor 146.52 mhz and 446 mhz.  We are also carrying a 222 mhz handheld, just in case someone needs 222, but we won’t be calling CQ on it.

  Our path will take us from near the Brenham, TX to Houston,TX to Dallas, TX to Durant, OK to Muscogee, OK to Tulsa, OK, and back home to Oklahoma City, OK. All City names have a built in 10-15 minute stop where we will direct the antennas to N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, and NW and make a call:

  EM10 TX at 1900 UTC thru 1945 UTC Jan 21 Bellville, TX

  EL19 TX at 1945 UTC thru 2030 UTC Jan 21 Brookshire, TX

  EL29 TX at 2030 UTC thru 2215 UTC Jan 21 Galveston, TX

  **** attempting tropo over the Gulf of Mexico from Pelican Island, TX ****

  EL29 TX at 2315 UTC thru 0045 UTC Jan 21 Westfield, TX

  EM20 TX at 0045 UTC thru 0100 UTC Jan 21 The Woodlands, TX

  **** dinner and overnight break in The Woodlands, TX ****

  EM20 TX at 1300 UTC thru 1415 UTC Jan 22 Madisonville, TX

  EM21 TX at 1415 UTC thru 1445 UTC Jan 22 Centerville, TX

  EM11 TX at 1445 UTC thru 1545 UTC Jan 22 Richland, TX

  EM12 TX at 1545 UTC thru 1645 UTC Jan 22 Dallas, TX

  EM13 TX at 1645 UTC thru 1715 UTC Jan 22 Plano, TX

  **** lunch break in Plano, TX ****

  EM14 OK at 1815 UTC thru 1945 UTC Jan 22 Durant,OK

  EM24 OK at 1945 UTC thru 2045 UTC Jan 22 Chockie, OK

  EM25 OK at 2045 UTC thru 2200 UTC Jan 22 Ulan, OK

  EM25 OK at 2200 UTC thru 2315 UTC Jan 22 Glenpool, OK

  EM26 OK at 2315 UTC thru 2330 UTC Jan 23 Jenks, OK

  EM16 OK at 2330 UTC thru 0000 UTC Jan 23 Oakhurst, OK

  **** dinner break near Sapulpa, OK ****

  EM15 OK at 0100 UTC thru 0215 UTC Jan 23 Warwick, OK

  EM15 OK at 0215 UTC thru 0300 UTC Jan 23 Choctaw, OK

  We will finish near my home in rural Choctaw, OK about 12 miles ESE of Tinker AFB (SE of OKC).  We will be posting our location and itinerary corrections during the contest.   73,

  Nick, KB0YHT and Randy, N0LD

  My cell phone number is 636-459-0964.

  N0LD at arrl.net