[VHFcontesting] Inline 2m Bandpass Filter

Roger Rehr W3SZ w3sz73 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 15:47:31 EST 2017

After the EME contest a few months ago I ended up sweeping my system to
try to identify points of weakness.  I saw exactly what David points
out.  The striking result is shown at:
 http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/OverlayDCIandKA0RYT144-500.gif

A cavity-input preamp sweep is shown in blue with the DCI filter
superimposed in violet.  (Sorry, I am an old-school guy and not good on
color names.  I know the names of the colors eight that came in the
original Crayola crayon box, and that's about it.  So if you don't think
the colors in the graph are blue and violet, you might be right.  But to
me they are blue and violet).

So if you have a 432 ingress problem you can't use the DCI to solve it.

73,

Roger W3SZ