[VHFcontesting] This weekend VHF contest

Patrick Thomas p-thomas at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 9 07:27:09 EDT 2017

> Bruce Tobias <wb9woz at comcast.net>
>
> I do talk up contests on nets and also my local club. Seems most
> people don't have simplex freqs programmed in their memory channels.

I've had a similar experience.  I wonder if maybe ARRL or some VHF group might start putting out small brochures listing the common VHF/UHF events for the year, calling frequencies, common spotting/propagation websites, a small or regional grid map, etc., and distribute these at swap events, to see if maybe that resonates.  And/or host more regular sprint events - maybe even an FM sprint day.

Patrick
KB8DGC