[VHFcontesting] FM antennas

Sean Waite waisean at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 00:33:16 EST 2017

Hi Josh,

i think 222 is the odd-ball of the lower bands, and joins with 902 as you
add the higher bands, in that it has a disproportionate number of FM
stations. Multi-mode gear is hard to come by for it.

A more efficient vertical than the larsen nmo270sh might be worth looking
into, especially since it's fed with 13' of RG-fishingline coax.

As a New England rover and a SOTA operator, HAGL is my friend. It's also an
enemy, if the vertical pattern is flat enough on an antenna I can sail
right over the heads of the people I'm trying to contact. Getting a
vertical up on our masts is another plan that might work, though we only
run 10' masts.

Thanks for the input!

73,
Sean WA1TE