[VHFcontesting] "Virgo" Radio Meteor Scatter Aid now in Stand-Alone Version

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Tue Aug 7 05:19:12 EDT 2018

Sabine, DL1DBC and author of the “Virgo” meteor scatter radar page respond to my plea for help in getting this Java based, web application to run last night. He announced that Alexander, DL8AAU, and Bastian, DB1BM, made a redesign of the software and it is now available in a standalone version. It can be downloaded here:

https://bitbucket.org/NoGy/virgo/downloads/ <https://bitbucket.org/NoGy/virgo/downloads/>

It runs perfectly on my Windows 10 64 bit machine. YMMV. No joy on my MacBook Pro so far.

All you need to do is enter your Maidenhead Grid Square in six-digits, and the software will show you the direction of the radiant for all currently active meteor showers. It also has some great real-time data about rates, etc. Wonderful tool for those chasing meteor scatter DX. Highly recommended! Thanks to Sabine, Alexander, and Bastian for their hard work on this.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.

Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR2, SDRPlay RSP-2 Pro, Sony XDR-F1HD [XDR Guy Modified], Dennon TU-1500RD, Sangean HDT-1X, Ray Dees RDS Decoders, Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Kitz Technologies KT-501 Pre-amps, Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active Whip.

“Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else’s favorite song…”