[VHFcontesting] FT 8 on 2M

Art ky1k at myfairpoint.net
Thu Aug 16 13:37:26 EDT 2018

Hi Barry et al,

I understand this is a contesting reflector. But, in the long run, I
think the amateur radio community should consider running WSPR on 2
meters which runs at 5Hz bandwidth, allows some serious weak signal
decoding and runs 24/7, as we work and sleep. The results are sent to an
online website, which all can see and can be operated as an rx only or
as a tx only, or both.

Frequency stability is important to the mode, but WSPR allows the entire
beacon operation to run in a single 200 Hz band.

http://wsprnet.org/drupal/wsprnet/map

The map here has settings which can be programmed to show bands and time
periods of reception.

Art