[VHFcontesting] FT 8 on 2M

Paul Stoetzer n8hm at arrl.net
Thu Aug 16 13:41:57 EDT 2018

Remember that if a beacon station in the United States is
automatically controlled, it may only operate in the following
segments:

28.20-28.30 MHz, 50.06-50.08 MHz, 144.275-144.300 MHz, 222.05-222.06
MHz or 432.300-432.400 MHz segments, or on the 33 cm and shorter
wavelength bands.

This is widely ignored by WSPR operators. In fact, the recommended 2
meter frequency is outside the permissible segment for an
automatically controlled beacon station,.

73,

Paul, N8HM