[VHFcontesting] Transverters

Sean Waite waisean at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 14:43:16 EST 2018

I certainly wouldn't consider the older Yaesus or the HTX100 that we were
running to be good IF radios, but they were certainly functional and
inexpensive enough that we got on the bands.

Another advantage of the 28MHz IF radios is that you can tower mount the
transverters and dramatically reduce the cable loss.

With 2-3 operators in the car, we don't necessarily want everything in one
radio. Having the ability to divide work and leave one person calling CQ on
6 or 2 while the other op spends as much time as required pulling in the
mults is helpful.

Sean WA1TE