[VHFcontesting] Transverter interfacing with FT290RII

Michael Kana aa9il at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 13 11:52:40 EST 2018

Hi Sean
I use an FT290mk2 with a sequencer. I use the 4th relay to close the PTT and key line and plug the key and mic into a “control box” where the sequencer relay is in line. I have the key and mic cables run to the radio. I flip a switch to sequence and when the fourth relay closes, the key and PTT lines are closed so I can then key or transmit.
When done, flip the switch off, and the key and PTT lines are disconnected. I will never Key the radio until the sequencer is switched unless I intentionally bypass this scheme and plug into the radio direct.
73 Mike

Warning!  This is transmitted over a non secure medium